Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Taste of Tuesday

A while back, I was trying to make banana bread, but I only had 2 bananas. I looked through the fridge and found some carrots. I thought to myself, "Hey, seen one phallic shaped food, you seen them all" and I replaced the 2 other bananas with 3-4 carrots. It was really yummy. I made some other changes to the recipe over time, replaced the oil with applesauce, brown sugar with Splenda Brown Sugar Blend and threw in a few other things. So now I present to you:

Dee's Phallic Bread

Ingredients:
  • Total of 5-6 phallic shaped fruit/veggies. I usually use 2 bananas and 3-4 carrots, but I think zucchini would work well too.
  • 1/2 cup Egg Beaters
  • Cinnamon, nutmeg to taste
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup Mott's Natural unsweetened Apple sauce
  • 1 cup Splenda brown sugar blend or 1 cup brown sugar
  • (optional) 1/2 cup Raisins
  • (optional) 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Directions: Shred the carrots. Smoosh the bananas with a fork or potato masher. Add everything except the flour to the bananas and mix until smooth. Add the flour and mix until it looks mixed. Spray a glass loaf pan with Pam, and dump the mixture into it. Bake at 350 for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. (Time may vary depending on your oven -- it's much better to overcook this than undercook. Test for doneness at the 1 hour mark.)

Update: I found this actually works better as muffins, it comes out a little less dense than the bread. I baked them in the aluminum foil muffin papers for about 30 minutes. As with the bread, make sure you test for doneness.

No comments:

Post a Comment