- (2) 9 oz bags fresh spinach, chopped
- 8 oz your favorite cheese. I like cabot 50% pepperjack
- Spices in dish: I use nutmeg, cayanne and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- Pumpkin seeds
- 1 onion, diced
- Brown rice, cooked (I use a bag of boil-in-bag brown rice, it's easy to cook and hard to screw up)
- Paprika (enough to look pretty)
- Garlic (to taste, I use LOTS)
- Cook the rice according to package directions and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook the garlic and onions till the onions are translucent. I use regular cooking oil, but I guess you could use Pam if you wanted to reduce the calorie count. Add the chopped spinach by handfulls. letting it cook down (it will eventually all fit in there.)
- When the spinach mixture is all cooked, take pan off the heat. Either in the frying pan or in a big bowl, add the cooked rice, cheese, egg whites, nutmeg, cayanne an black pepper to the spinach.
- Spray a cooking dish with Pam and dump the mixture into it.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top to taste (I like the texture, so I add quite a few), then add enough paprika to make it look pretty.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until browned on top.