- November 20, 2010 (1:02:36.7, 17:53/m)
- November 13, 2010 (53:45.2, 17:20/m)
- October 2, 2010 (51:57) (Note -- this race doesn't count. After the race all participants received a message stating that the race organizers messed up the course and it in fact was not a full 5k, which explains the really good time.)
- September 12, 2010 (57:44 18:37/m)
- July 3, 2010 (56:25:35 18:12/m)
- June 5, 2010 (1:03:20 20:26/m)
As usual, my cheerleader and photographer was there to document it all for posterity. Click to enlarge any picture:
I have decided the Gogol Bordello's "Wanderlust King" is one of the greatest race songs ever. I had a really strong finish, and this song had a lot to do with that. I put on auto repeat about a mile from the end of the race, and I think I would have had a better time if I had started it sooner. "Idiot Heart" is awesome for motivation, but has a slower beat. "Wanderlust King" is a faster, get your blood going song.
My cheerleader, photographer and most importantly, my sweetheart, in Starbucks for the post-race celebratory coffee.
Today's freakish it-could-only-happen-to-the-truly-fat injury was that the upper, under side of my arm was stinging really bad. It took me a while to figure out why, but then I remembered that last week when I was making the chicken stew, when I was stirring the crock pot, I accidentally flung a spoonful of really really hot stew on myself, so I had a burn there (as well as other places on my arm). Combined with a wardrobe malfunction, things were just rubbing in all the wrong places and the burn got really irritated. I really, seriously, need to replace Sporti before the next race.