Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Taste of Tuesday

So, my assignment for Thanksgiving is to bring the green bean casserole. I couldn't find any mushroom soup in the store that didn't have HFCS and other icky stuff in it so I decided to make my own. I also got real fresh green beans. Luckily, before I started making the soup, Heather gave me some pointers. So, to make the green bean casserole I followed the basic recipe on the French's can, but here is my recipe for home made cream of mushroom soup:

Ingredients:
  • 8 oz fresh sliced baby bella mushrooms
  • Light cream 
  • Chicken broth
  • Chopped garlic
  • Chopped onion
Directions:
  1. Stir fry the garlic, onion and mushrooms in a little bit of oil. Heather suggested olive oil, which I don't like the taste of, so I just used regular vegetable oil. 
  2. If needed, drain the mushrooms on a paper towel. 
  3. Take 1/2 the mushrooms, 1/4 cup chicken broth, and about 1/4 cup cream and puree in a blender. Repeat with the other 1/2 of the mushrooms.  If you have a bigger blender than I do, you can puree all of the mushrooms at once. 
  4. Spice the soup as needed. I used a little garlic salt to brighten up the taste a little.
  5. If you are just going to eat the soup, heat it till warm. If you are making casserole, follow the instructions for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment