Sunday, July 3, 2011

Event Update: SOS Walk at Jackrabbit Mountain

Today I found out that SOS walks are just a tad easier in Florida than they are on a mountain in Georgia. But, HFC David and I both survived the six mile trek. If you didn't join us, here's what you missed:

 I promised David's mom that I would make him wear a hat. He wasn't happy about it.
The cool thing about this trail was all the mushrooms, not just the numbers, but the incredible variety.
 This just looked like an elf or something should live in it.
 I don't think I've ever seen a blue mushroom before.
This is a feather from a broadwinged hawk. I didn't know they had spots.
 Another cool shroom.
A neat caterpillar.  Between the shrooms and the caterpillar, I was starting to feel like I was in a Jefferson Airplane song.
 This was a life critter for both HFC David and I, but I don't remember what he was.
This was a really neat, iridescent green beetle of some kind.

This was not one of our easier SOS walks, but it was a blast, and we saw lots of new things that I never would have been able to experience from my couch! Join us on a future walk if you want to start seeing cool stuff too!

No comments:

Post a Comment