Sunday, December 21, 2014

Bird Chasing and Manatee Watch

We started off the day by chasing a Says Phoebe down south of here. David saw it, but I did not, but I got a few other shots. They I did the weekly Sunday manatee survey. Here's what you missed if you didn't GOYB:

 This is a mockingbird who posed nice.
A Kestrel who also posed nice for me.
Manatee watch was so disturbing. So much trash coming over the spillway. Who the hell thinks it's ok to litter?
A manatee coming up amongst bottles. We desperately need a bottle bill in Florida. If anyone knows who I can contact about rattling some cages on the subject, please email me.
In better news, here is a cormorant kissing a catfish...
The pelican looks angry, not sure if upset about the trash or the interspecies kissing.
This cormorant was trying to fish in the middle of all this trash.
Here, a different cormorant gives a catfish a happy ride.

Ok, so not all manatee watches are happy, but still, I think it was Mrs Garrett who said "You take the good, you take the bad..." But you can't take anything at all if you don't GOYB and go outside! Join us for a hike or a manatee watch soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment