Monday, January 11, 2010

It's the Little Things

There are days when someone could give me a million dollars and I would still be in the dumps. I admit, it has been very cold here lately, and I've been crabby, but for the most part, I am pretty easy to please and easily amused. Here are some of the little things that keep me going:
  • Waking up with NummyMuffinCoocolButter sandwiched between mine and David's pillows.
  • Painted Buntings at my bird feeder
  • Printing 2-sided brochures on a printer that only does 1-sided printing, and having the up, down, right and left all where they are supposed to be
  • Having the kitty use the new potty seat (we just started toilet training)
  • When eating a handful of M&Ms, realizing that I have an even number of each color so I don't have to eat a blue one with, say, a yellow one (yuck)
  • Realizing that a product I bought has one of those Boxtops for Education labels (which I am saving for a friend)
  • Putting my iPod on random, but having the most perfect song for the moment come up when I need to hear it
  • Free stuff that I realize I would have paid a million dollars for but didn't have to. Case in point: Over the weekend there was a special on Twitter where if you tweeted about the new Pearl Jam song you could get it for free. I did and the song is so beautiful and perfect it made me sob, but I listened to it over and over and over and over and over.
  • Big fluffy sweatshirts, especially fresh out of the dryer on a cold day.
  • Warm tuna salad made with cheese and pumpkin seeds on crackers.
I guess today's been a pretty great day as I am 10 for 10 today!

Your mission, should you choose to accept it -- tell me what are the little things that make your day go great!

Comments from previous blog:

(Anonymous) at 2010-01-26 16:22 (UTC) (Link)
I truly love the M&M thing. We really are too much alike! I agree with pretty much all the things on your list, but the M&M thing is by far my favorite! Your Monkish cousin, Amy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment