Sunday, July 13, 2014

Greenway in Vero

We tried a new (to me) park this week, the Greenway in Vero. It was nice, but as we had been warned, very buggy. I had purchased a Thermocell, but realized after the fact that they are really best if you are sedentary. It worked a little, but next time I will use deep woods off. But despite the mosquitos, we had a very nice walk. If you didn't GOYB and join us, here's what you missed!

A sweet little Black Racer came out to say hello and pose for me. He will be the first picture in my second book, which I have officially started now.
This is a White Peacock.
These were 2 baby alligators. So adorable, but I was a little nervous as I couldn't see their mom, but she must have been around. This picture too will be in the new book.
This is a Common Buckeye, one of my favorite butterflies. I love how it looks kind of plain until you look close and see the brilliant orange and purple spots.
This was a crab. Kind of odd, I don't know what kind of crab it was, or why it was black.

It was a hot, buggy day, but totally worth it to see such cool stuff! Be sure to check our schedule and come out and walk with us. Remember, seeing stuff like this on the internet might be nice, but experiencing it in person is a thousand times cooler!

1 comment: