Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goals for 2012

Since I started this blog, I've put my goals for the year out here for the world to see which helps to keep me honest. So here are my goals for 2012:
  • Fitness Goals:
    • Heather and I decided we would walk 750 miles this year. Then, just before midnight last night, in an alcohol-fueled burst of enthusiasm, we decided to up it to 1000 miles. This is gonna be harder than 500!
    • Stop using the fact that I work out as a free pass to eat crap. I've been using MyFitnessPal to track my eating habits, and I want to continue to do this. My name is Deederange on there if you want to add me as a friend, we can try to keep each other on track:-)
    • Burpees for Boobies - I need to get the details, but basically this is a charity thing wherein you do one burpee today, 2 tomorrow, etc till the last day of the year, which means 366 burpees next new years eve.
  • Art and Music Goals
    • Finish Timmy and start book
    • Continue to write songs for and expand the VBB presentation. Look for other places to share it. 
  • Home Goals:
    • Build fence, work towards native yard certification
    • Get new car
  • Personal Goals:
    • Find a way to practice time management. This is the goal upon which all others are dependent this year. Last year I did great with my fitness goals, but it was at the expense of my art and music goals. There are 24 hours in a day, and I need to start using all of them instead of squandering so many.
      • Related: Delete all but 5 bookmarks, and limit junk-food internet time to at max 1/2 hour a day. I've been great about curtailing TV, but my internet usage is way out of control.   
    • Continue seeking out bee people. I think this will always be one of my main goals. There are a lot of us out there, we need to find each other.
Ok, that should keep me busy for a while. Feel free to reply to this post if you have set goals this year, we can work to keep each other on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment