Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Goals Revisited


Ok, lets see how I did with my goals from 2011:
  • Walk 500 miles - Done! In fact, I actually did 510! Woo hoo!
  • Last year, I made an effort to reserve only one night a week on which I would eat crap for dinner. This year, I resolve to, instead of once per week, only eat crap AFTER I have walked 25 miles. After I eat crap, the count starts back at 1.  - Failed on this one. I did go sugar free for about 2 months though. Still need to work on my eating habits though. 
  • Get onto Alison (my awesome trainer's) Success Stories board. - Alison named me one of the boot camp all stars for one of the sessions, that is good enough for me!
  • Short term goals continued over from last year:
    • Continue seeking out bee people. This was the most important one last year, and is still the most important this year. I've found one or two, but you can never have enough.  - Accomplished, and I still want to continue with this one.
    • Finish Timmy and start book. - Failed. Art fell by the wayside this year. I devoted a lot of time to music and fitness but the real reason is just bad time management.
    • Get new tattoo - Done! This is one of the things I did just for me and it felt awesome.
    • Learn a song on the banjo and post a video to YouTube - Accomplished in spirit. This was another goal just for me. The point here was to get back into music and do something with it. I don't have the equipment for making a video, but I have learned how to play the banjo and as a Christmas gift, performed 3 songs for some friends. And, I will also be doing more with this in the near future.
    • Toilet train the cats. (I don't kid myself. I realize I have very little control over this one.) - Failed. I'm thinking it's time to take this one off the list. Maggie uses the toilet when she wants to, the boys will never learn. Oh well. 
  • Add something new to the long term goals list.  http://deemotivation.blogspot.com/2009/12/new-years-resolutions.html - Fail. For some reason I didn't really think that much about the long term future this year. I think my short term goals for health and fitness presided, but I also know they are directly related to my current long term goals.
  • And finally, I decided that my main resolution this year is that no matter how high the cliff, this year I will hurl myself off of it with complete abandon. I might crash and burn or I might learn to fly, but either option is better than clinging to the same cliff for 46 years and being sad cause nothing ever changes. - Fail. On the one hand, I did new stuff this year and did not turn down any opportunities for new and fun things. On the other hand, even the new stuff (boot camp, learning banjo, canoe race, 1/2 marathon) wasn't outside of my comfort zone, which was really the point of this one. Might be a win here though in the fact that it's harder to find  stuff outside my comfort zone. Maybe that is just something that comes with age, it doesn't feel like it's something I've worked on. 
Now to write the goals for 2012...

No comments:

Post a Comment