Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Textercising!

So lately, a bunch of us have been textercising, wherein I send a text message at 5:30 each day with instructions for horrible ways to torture yourself. If it makes you feel any better, I'm doing them too (I even included pictures yesterday to prove it.) As there isn't a lot of room for detail in text messages, I decided to put up a list with links to instructional videos of stuff that we do. The 3 characters at the beginning are the codes used in the texts. In the coming days I will make some videos of the modifications that I have to make due to my knee issues. Pretty much all of the videos I found on youtube start with the assumption that you can already do everything. They are QUITE wrong.

Please note that I've been doing this stuff for almost 2 years now, and I don't expect everyone to do what I do every day.  Start off doing as many as you can, and don't hurt yourself.  Don't beat yourself up if you can only do 3 or 4 of something, you will get better.  Always remember the DeeMotivation motto: Doing Something is Better Than Doing Nothing!

Warm Ups:
Arms/Core

  • ARM: Arms/upperbody (I like her suggestion to use soup cans if you don't have dumbbells)
  • BIC: Bicycle
  • CRU: Crunches
  • PU: Pushups
    Note: Some people prefer to do them "girly style" where you start on your knees, but I can't do them that way cause of my knee issues. What ever works best for you.

Abs/Legs:
Stuff that will make you call me names:
  • BUR: Burpies
    Note: I do the beginner one, and due to knee problems usually start with my hands elevated, on a curb or stair instead of on the floor.
  • LC: Leg Climbers
    Note: The scrawny twits in the video make this look easy, but they are HELL.
  • MTN: Mountain Climbers
    Note: Due to knee problems usually start with my hands elevated, on a curb or stair instead of on the floor.



No comments:

Post a Comment